Leaders 4 Life
Building Character - Developing Leaders...
"A dynamic, innovative teen leadership program that delivers experiential learning and develops lifelong skills."
- Integrated approach utilizes camp and clubhouse resources.
- Mentors / Facilitators include university and college placements.
- Measurable outcomes in areas of self-constructs, school performance, and volunteerism.
- Scholarship component encourages and supports post secondary educational goals and pursuits.
- September 2016- L4L info sessions at clubhouses for interested new members
- September - April: Weekly sessions at clubs (6pm-8pm) and seasonal outings at camp (Fall/Winter/Spring).
- April 20th 2016- Leadesr 4 Life Graduation
- May - June: Special Events, group outings, volunteering and continued interaction with mentors.
- July - August: Attend summer session(s) at Camp Smitty - Leader in Training, Counselor in Training.
The "4" Components
- Personal choices, Self-Confidence, Goals.
- Supporting roles with parents and siblings.
- Planning, Effort, Achievement.
- Involvement, Contributing, Volunteerism.
Phase 1 ... Ages 14-15
- Focused on personal goals and foundational skills. Work with mentor, introduction to volunteerism, earn camp session (regular camp/leader in training).
Phase 2 ... Ages 16 - 17
- Expanded goal-setting, enhanced skill development. Work with mentor, increased emphasis on volunteering, camp experience (counselor in training/junior counselor).
Phase 3 ... Ages 18+
- Post-secondary education, scholarship opportunities. Act as mentor, sustained and expanded community involvement, camp staff (senior counselor, senior staff).